Sunday, September 21, 2008

So, What the HECK have you been up to lately?!?

I have no good excuse for not maintaining this blog. Really. I've been busy, but not that busy. I've been tired after work, but not that tired. I just haven't made it a priority. And that's the truth. And since it is always best to stick close to the truth no matter the circumstance, that is exactly what I choose to do now. Cool answer, if I do say so myself.

So, what has been going on?

We moved into a sweet little house made so much better after the remodel. As you can see we still have a lot of work to do, like the stone around the pillars, not to mention a yard, but it is such an improvement. This is a photo of us having one of three garage sales (we have a garage now) and after getting rid of over 30 boxes, we still have more to sort out. Man, can we collect a bunch of junk! Dad helped this week with Sarah's new work room (located under the dining room). We're getting there and dad has been such a huge help. Sometimes it takes someone to just show up and say, "What are we doing today?". I really love that man.


We also finally hung the family photos.
At least some of them. That's another project on my list. Sorting through the photos and getting them scanned into the computer. Katie offered me her old one and I certainly could use one just for the pictures. My family is so generous. Perhaps its pity for the poor fool who doesn't know when to say, "Slow down."




Our little Lizzy had a very large group of friends over for her 7th birthday. She simply couldn't decide who not to invite. The great thing is her theme. It was a princess, fairy, pirate, wizard and witch sort of event. Fairy tales collide in an array of colors. I have a cool video of the kids all rockin' out, but since I can't seem to figure out how to download the darn thing, you'll all just have to imagine.













I could go on and on, but I realize I'm running out of time and I know you'd all rather see the photos. So here they are. No captions, but each one is a story unto itself. Sarah says I "wax poetic" too much anyway.









I can't help myself. This one needs a caption. Lizzy says its the "indian" peach, but I just think its really excited to be here.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, September 21, 2008, Blogger Kristi David said...

Naughty boy. Thanks for the update! We're glad to see you back!

 
At Tuesday, October 14, 2008, Blogger Lori Jolley said...

Kevin! Sarah! HI! I about fell off my chair to see an e-mail from you!!!! Your girls are so pretty and so grown up! Tara has been bugging me to facebook, but I haven't yet. And I will add some photos of the family to my blog - I've been keeping it really unpersonal because I worried about who would be reading it, and obviously I could never have imagined who would find it! I've had several people tell me I need to do better so I will. I'm sooo glad you found us! How fun to find such good friends again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home