The Kids, The House & Everything


Okay, so I failed in my valiant attempt to maintain this blog. I'll admit it. Time has been a little tight this year. The girls are all active in school and outside activities; Sarah and I are working full time trying to get people to see the benefits of raw food and wheat grass juice; and to top it all off we are working on a "small addition" for the home. So, without further excuses, let me try to sum up the year so far...
Let's begin with the youngest. Victoria informed us this past summer that she was going to marry "a boy from Idaho with a big truck". She went on to explain she needed his really big truck for her two really big dogs. Otherwise, when she learned to drive where would they fit? I guess the Idaho kid was just a means to an end. You just can't fault the girl's logic. She is currently in Pre-K. Her teacher was so excited to have her in the class because she remembered Karen as such a sweet, pretty little thing. Two weeks later we talk with her and learn that Toria had been in Time-Out numerous times due to her tendency to tell the other children to chase her, then runs around the room screaming at the top of her lungs. "Sweet" and "Pretty" are two words Victoria doesn't like us to use on her. She prefers "Awsome" and "Cool." She also goes by the codename Superman!
Elizabeth graduated from Kindergarden this past May. She looked so proud and of course now that she is in 1st grade things are only going to get better! She is such an artist. Anything and everything she can get her hands on with be "touched" by her magic! She also loves to write. It isn't unusual to come into the kitchen and see her composing a story - complete with words and illustrations. Have you ever looked at a child and their whole future seemed to open up to you in a instant? Our little Lizzy is going to do some amazing things!


Carmen and Karen are just too "involved." Sarah and I finally had to sit down with them and go through their activities to determine what they would be willing to drop. Karen is currently in Karate and Orchestra (she was willing to drop Ballroom Dance for our sakes), not to mention her church activities. Carmen does Karate, Symphonic Band and Drama (thank goodness Tap Dancing classes ended before she started Drama). She is also the Secretary in Beehives. Both girls are wonderful with their little sisters and really great examples to them. Carmen is now in 8th grade (she'll be 13 in December) and Karen is in 6th. We are so proud of the young women they've become. We're getting extremely close to those "terrible teens," but I'm holding on to faith that that storm will be a mild one.



I could go on for hours with the narrative, but in truth I don't think most of you really want that. What you want is pictures...and lots of them. Therefore, I'll skip the small talk, show you a few family photo favorites then proceed to the little addition I mentioned in the beginning.
.
.
.
The girls got a chance to go to a working "Dude Ranch" and ride horses for the first time.





Thanksgiving Point.


Halloween night.
And now just a brief look in time...
A "Construction" Party before the big event.
We even brought out the family sofa to fit everyone comfortably.
Siding comes off. Foundation being dug.
Siding comes off. Foundation being dug.Dad (Allen) went to great lengths to save our beautiful trees above.
Foundation buried. New Windows being put in.
New Porch.
New Door. New Entry. New Garage. New Everything.

Foundation buried. New Windows being put in.
New Door. New Entry. New Garage. New Everything.
That's it for right now. Its getting close to midnight and I really need to get to bed. I'll send more photos tomorrow...maybe.



1 Comments:
Yippee!!
It's so good to see updates and see the house. It's starting to look good! We love you guys,
Kristi, Ameri and Charley
Post a Comment
<< Home